We work more and more from home, especially during the pandemic. This allows us to book more meetings as we don’t have to move about and find meetings rooms.
But is this a good thing?
I’ve found that I have more meetings, but we book them back to back, with no break in between.No break means no time to proofread notes, prepare for the next meeting, or stretch your legs.
It is natural since the calendar shows you as free, and there is no conflict in the calendar.
However, your colleagues are not aware that you just ended a meeting and might not have time to prepare for the next one.
I want to show you how to get more time in your calendar by using Microsoft Intune and the settings catalog.
To use this tip you need the following:
- Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft 365 Apps
- First up, you need to go to https://endpoint.microsoft.com and sign in.
- Go to Devices and Configuration profiles.
- Create a new profile and select Windows 10 and use the Settings catalog.
- Search for meetings to find the relevant Outlook settings.
- Select Shorten appointments and meetings (User). Close the settings picker.
- Configure the short and long meetings reductions by an appropriate amount.
- Press next and assign the policy to your target group.
You are now ready to enjoy a few minutes between meetings.
This will automatically shorten the booked meetings by a few minutes. This itself is a step in the right direction when it comes to giving yourself and your colleagues a better work environment.
A few good arguments to use this are:
- Giving your Team a few minutes to breathe
- Increase punctuality
- Help your Team to be focused